Friday 24 June 2011

Shirr is Fun!


Every season I try to learn a new technique. One of this summer's techniques was shirring. It's something that I always imagined to be so difficult but in reality was really, really easy. I mean, ridiculously easy. Even for me. As a result, Irene has a wardrobe full of shirred shirts this summer and of all of them, the shirt above is my favorite. Ok...or maybe the one below. I also got to to experiment with the different stitches on my sewing machine to embellish the top & bottom hem of the shirred shirt. Too bad it's almost impossible for a 3-year-old to keep a white shirt white!


Bottom two photos by Lindsay Nash

2 comments:

  1. Wow, just came across your blog for the first time (sarahjo from expat parents board). Great work!! Love your sewing projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! I just added my blog address to my signature yesterday...I decided what good is a blog of I keep it secret, right? If you need anything for your daughter...;)

    ReplyDelete