Sunday 26 June 2011

Bag it!

A month or so ago I had a small pre-mid-life crisis. I realized that I've become a frumpy, boring old mom. I'd gotten so used to carrying around a backpack for extra kids' clothes, diapers, groceries, etc. that I even used it when I went out on the town for ladies' night! I'm not much of a purse kind of gal. I've tried it several times before, but before long the purses usually end up in the corner collecting dust. I just don't like being tied down. I can't stand having to hold something in my hands as I walk, or having to constantly push straps back onto my shoulders, and I certainly can't walk with a bag in the crook of my arm for any length of time. So rather than spend time and money on searching for an acceptable purse (that would probably end up in the corner a month from now) I decided to expand my sewing horizons and make myself a bag. Enter, the "Hoo-s hoo" of bags (hihi, get it? owl print = hoo...yeah, I'll work on the name). I opted for an extra-long strap so I can just sling it over my head and go. I was smart enough to add an extra pocket inside for wallet & keys and it's even big enough to throw in an extra diaper & some wipes for my days out with Johan! I'm thinking I'll have to make a mini one for Irene as well. She's tickled pink that my bag matches her top so I can't imagine how happy she'd be if we had matching bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment