Sunday 19 June 2011

Baby Steps

Welcome to my Watermelon Dreams Design blog! If you had told me 10, 5, or even 2 years ago that I would make a blog dedicated to fashion and/or sewing, I would have said you were crazy. To be honest, I've never been all that into fashion. But being a sewer has changed my outlook on things. I started sewing quilts as a hobby after we arrived in Korea a few years back, and when my daughter & son arrived I began sewing clothing - partly out of necessity (children's clothing here is not only expensive but it's also really not my style) and partly because it was a fun challenge. I now look for any opportunity to start a new project.

My reason for starting this site is two-fold. On the one hand, I feel like I need a space to arrange my sewing projects - past, present, and future- without muddling up my every day blog. Secondly, for some time now friends and family have been egging me on to sell some of my creations. At first I laughed it away, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted to give a whirl - just for kicks. However, for a variety of reasons, I don't feel that now is the time to start my home-business so this website is a kind of in-between step. As I manage this blog, I can better understand what needs to be worked on should I make the leap to home-business owner in the future. One very obvious thing that needs work is my presentation so I'll be trying to get creative with my photography and presentation of my projects. Please bear with me & feel free to share any tips! And, although I'm not in business, if you happen to see something you like, feel free to drop me a line! Maybe we can work something out. ;)

*Note: the photo above is of me and two of my models - my oldest son, Oscar, and my daughter, Irene. They are sporting Watermelon Dreams Design mini-aprons.

No comments:

Post a Comment