Wednesday 20 July 2011

The Little Things

As I'm winding down my sewing preparation for the Flea Market next Saturday, I have started to focus on the little things. I wanted to do some simple projects to fill up my space and for people who are looking to buy something small - because that's what I do when I go to flea markets or craft fairs...rarely do I buy something big, but I really hate to go away empty handed! So I decided to make a few baby booties from a tutorial at Home Spun Threads. I know, mine don't look anywhere near as cute as hers but, like I said, it's more of a filler item and I don't have any bows or buttons on hand with which to embellish.
These booties are great because, not only are they cute, but they are also super-easy and I was able to use up some scraps of my favorite materials that I couldn't bare to throw away ( I have a drawer in my little plastic cabinet full off tiny scraps because you just never know...) I don't know if anyone will actually buy them but it's no big loss if they don't. I've also decided to throw together some bibs for the same reason - super easy and, in my opinion, super cute. I had some toweling left from when I made Johan's so I figured I'd use it up.
I especially like the middle one with the animals. In addition to being adorable, it's made with waterproof nylon that I bought in Japan to make cloth diaper covers for Johan. I've since given up on diaper covers since a) I've tried and failed to make them numerous times since Irene & Oscar were newborns, and b) if he's anything like Irene and Oscar, he's only got about 6 more months left of real diaper use before we move to wearing undies around the house. I digress... I think I'm ready for the show! Now I just have to work on price tags and presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment