Sunday 24 July 2011

Almost Time!

As the day of the big flea market draws near, I thought I'd post a few photos of some of the items I'll be selling. In my last post I showed some of the small, "filler" items like booties & bibs, but what I'm really looking to sell are the bigger items like clothes. In addition to the aprons above that my partner recommended we focus on, I've worked hard to expand my range of skills.

From fancy pants to simple skirts, I've managed to make a fairly comprehensive collection of clothing for kids. Above are some shorts for boys and a some for girls. I'm particularly proud of the girl's shorts because I got a chance to use my new pleating skills (this style of pleated pant leg is really popular here in Korea at the moment...not sure if it's "in" elsewhere in the world.) as well as expand my pocket repertoire from plain ol' square patch pocket to pleated pocket, and I got so excited by that, that I had to add pockets to my simple skirts below. I give you the deep pocket (right) and the shirred pouch. I love them both all the more when I think of all the rocks and little nicknacks that can be tucked away in there!
And of course I had to add some tops and dresses since that's where I began my clothes-sewing journey. Below are a few.
And my absolute favorite item at the flea market? The "Be The Reds" scarf top! "Be The Reds" is Korea's battle cry at international sporting events such as the World Cup. I had picked up a couple of scarves at a flea market a few months ago for $1 knowing that I'd eventually find a use for them. I'm so happy with this little top that I wish it could fit Irene, but alas, two scarves supply just enough material for size 18 months so, sadly, she'll have to find some other way to show her patriotism. I particularly love the fact that it says "we are twelfth" - you don't often see team shirts/paraphernalia boasting that!

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, these are absolutely awesome. I LOVE the pleated pockets. The dresses, rompers & material are awesome.

    I have been so tempted but have resisted sending this blog link to my girlfriends yet because I know you said you weren't ready to start the business yet. And once I send this to them, they will want to be ordering right away. So if you do ever want orders, just say the word and I'll forward this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The owl dress is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.S. Best of luck at the flea market. I gotta think these are gonna sell like hotcakes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shannon! I hope you're right! I think, based on your comments as well as a couple other friends of mine, that I will have to make more owl dresses. :)

    And feel free to pass this on to your friends! Now that we're gearing up to apply for the gov't grant, I can use all the experience I can get! (and I'll throw in a free something for Molly and/or Toby for your plug!) ;)

    ReplyDelete