Sunday 3 July 2011

Halter Happiness

Last summer I got fancy and decided to make some halter tops for Irene. If I remember correctly, it was my first time making something involving an actual pattern (found here under "Beach Party Top"). They came out surprisingly well if I do say so myself! The one pictured above was a real doozy to make - not because of the pattern itself but because I got over-ambitious. Each of the different colors/prints in the top are a different piece of material which I pieced together. It came out alright but trying to get them together without looking too sloppy was a nightmare! In the end, it came out a little too snug and a little too stiff-feeling so she never got much wear out of it after all that work!
My second attempt was much more enjoyable to make and definitely more comfortable for Irene. I found a really pretty, gauzy scarf at the store for about $1 and knew it would be perfect for a summer outfit. With a loose, lined bodice and a breezy, light-weight skirt, this top was made for Korea's sweltering-hot summers!

No comments:

Post a Comment