Monday 8 August 2011

Sweet Sleeves

As I mentioned in my last post, I've been trying to expand my projects to include more fall/winter styles as we're creeping closer to September. While a cute sun dress can be layered over a T-shirt, I don't think I can expect to start a business by selling pillow case dresses in the winter months. So I've taken the plunge: sleeves. I've sewn them before, but sleeves are no friend of mine. Nonetheless, today I decided to take the plunge. I present the Sweet Sleeved Top:

It's really hard to see on the hanger (and alas, I have no chubby little 9-12 month-old little girls at hand to model it...just a barrel-chested 14 month boy) but I think the sleeves will provide just the right amount of *poof* for delicious little baby arms. And my favorite part? The sweet little shoulder bow!
I'm still not psyched about moving into "sleeve weather", but I'm quite happy with this top. Now the floodgate are open and I wonder what else I can do with a sleeve!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Kelly, I've been thinking that I might want to order pillowcase dresses for my 2 nieces for Christmas. (that they can wear next summer, or over a long-sleeve T in the winter). I would probably need to order a size 6 and a size 5 girls. If you would be willing to do it, let me know cost, and let me know if you'd want me to send some sample sizes to you to compare? Whatever you think. I'm thinking pillowcase dresses w/ the ribbon trim, like you did for Irene. Let me know what you need from me! -Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I actually just made a 6T the other day so don't worry about samples - the sizing i use *should* be on target for western sizes & that style allows for some leeway...although, if you have their measurements (chest & approx. desired length are enough) it would be a nice reassurance. Just let me know what print you want...I'll put up some more photos of the new ones I just got and, actually, since you don't need it until Christmas maybe you should wait until after we get this gov't grant we're applying for next month (fingers crossed!) because then we'll be able to afford the REALLY nice fabric! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops, I meant a size 6...I guess they're not still Toddling at that age are they. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! Just let me know when you have some cool fabric to check out. Obviously, no rush!

    ReplyDelete