Thursday 13 October 2011

The Happy Accident

I love it when I screw up and the end result is even better than I had planned. The other day I sat down with the remnants of my favorite little-boy pants material and the intention of making my youngest a new pair of pants. I had planned on making a simple, functional pair - no bells or whistles (though now that I think about it, actual bell & whistle pants might be fun for a toddler...someone else's toddler, of course). Anyway, unfortunately I was not paying close enough attention when cutting the legs out because when I came to sew I realized that one side of one leg had a huge gouge taken out from my last project with the material. What to do? I almost scrapped the idea because I was seriously not in the mood to get fancy, but instead i opted to add a simple panel to each side so I could cut off the hole. I turned the stripes horizontally for visual interest and the result?
Not too shabby if I do say so myself! I was so pleased with the pants that I dipped into the special Thomas the Tank Engine fabric that my sister-in-law had just sent. I figured it would be more comfortable around his tummy and more fun for him to wear!

No comments:

Post a Comment